This time it’s personal
Every single day, every one of us generates a huge amount of data; be that on our phones, laptops or the paper trail that we create. GPDR is there to help your data to stay safe.
1 – IMPORTANT NOTICE
This is the Privacy Notice of Air Tool Services (RJD Industries Limited – Company No. 05245075) whose registered office is at Zenith House, Aqueduct Street, Preston PR1 7JP
This Privacy Notice sets out how Air Tool Services (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) & our group companies (including RJD Manufacturing) collect & process your personal information when you access & use our site ww.airtoolservices.co.uk (‘our site’).
This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required & lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
We take our data protection responsibilities very seriously & we comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation in force. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, ‘Data Protection Legislation’ means
- the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘DPA’) & all related regulations in force
- or with effect from 25 May 2018, the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data & on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (‘GDPR’) & any laws in England giving effect to its provisions.
This Privacy Notice relates to personal information identifying you. We refer to this information throughout this Privacy Notice as ‘personal data’ & section 2 sets out further detail of what this includes. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we may use your personal data.
This Privacy Notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly. These terms were most recently updated on Monday, 21st May 2018. 2 –
2 THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ON YOU
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- personal data you provide to us via our site, including information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site & when you make purchases from our site. For example:
- your name & title
- your company name and position billing/delivery & email address/es or phone number
- your gender (although this is not mandatory)
- your username & password if registered with us how you heard about us
- personal data you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and/or when you report a problem with our site;
3 KEY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Data controller and contact details
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, we are the controller of the personal data you provide to us (in the DPA this is referred to as a “data controller”) and as a controller we use (or ‘process’) the personal data we hold on you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- If you have a concern or question regarding your privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Assistant by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal grounds for processing
- We collect and process your personal data for a variety of different purposes which are set out in further detail below..
- In some cases, we will ask for your consent in order that we can process your personal data. However, in certain circumstances Data Protection Legislation allows us to process your personal data, without needing to obtain your consent. As examples, this may be because we need to use your personal data in order to provide you with the services or goods you have elected to receive from us (i.e. in the ordinary course of our business), to operate our site or for legitimate business or legal purposes
- How we use your personal data – matters which require your consent
- We may ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes. You can indicate your consent by ticking the relevant box .
- We may ask for your consent to group companies including RJD Manufacturing to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services which may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes. You can indicate your consent by ticking the relevant box .
- We may ask for your consent to allow third parties to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other third party offers, products, promotions, developments or services which may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes. You can indicate your consent by ticking the relevant box .
- Withdrawing your consent
- You may at any time withdraw the consent you give to our processing your personal data for those purposes set out in section 3 above by contacting us at email@example.com .
- If you want to stop receiving future marketing messages and materials at any time, you can do so alternatively by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link which is included in all of our email marketing messages.
- How we use your personal data – where your consent is not obtained
- In some instances we may not obtain your consent to our processing of your personal data and instead we can rely on another lawful basis in order to do so. These lawful bases include those in the table below, along with the linked purposes for which we will process your personal data
|How We Use Your Personal Data|
|In order to perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include our fulfilling orders you have placed for goods or services, contacting you in relation to any issues with your order or where we need to provide your personal data to our service providers (e.g. our courier company).||The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into, or where you request us to process your data prior to entering into a contract|
|In order to use your personal data to operate our business and that of our group companies but otherwise than in performing our contractual obligations to you. These would be our and our group companies’ ‘legitimate include as follows:||Where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party for our business activies.|